Bowls, Whole Grain Doubled Cooked Grain Bowls This is one of the best ways to eat whole grains. Most grains work well, let your imagination be your guide. The trick is to cook up the grain ahead of time and have grains in the refrigerator …
Tag: brown rice
These are tender tasty breads that are easy to make and so satisfying.
- 1 cups (plus) white flour
- 3 cups brown rice flour
- Kosher salt
- 1 ¼ cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ cup sliced scallions
- Peanut oil for frying
- In WonderMix Mixer, add flour and slowly add boiling water in a steady stream while mixing. Keep adding water until a ball is formed. Knead for 3 minutes.
- Divide into 5 equal parts. Roll each part into a 7''- 8'' circle. Brush with sesame oil and sprinkle with kosher salt and scallions. Roll each circle into a cylinder, pinching the ends closed. With the palm of hand, roll each cylinder until it is 12'' long. Coil each cylinder like a snake into a flat round. With a rolling pin, flatten each coil into a 7'' circle.
- Heat peanut oil in a non-stick pan. Cook each until brown on the first side. Turn and cook on second side until golden brown. Cut into wedges and serve.
You are going to love this salad. So much texture and flavor. Print Chinese Chicken Salad Author: Chef Brad Ingredients 2 breasts of chicken, shredded 2 cups cooked Colorado river beans 3 cups cooked Sweet Brown rice 3 small 12 oz. cans mandarin oranges, drained …
Brown rice is so dreamy for breakfast.
- 2 cups sweet brown rice
- 3 ½ cups of water
- Pinch of salt
- 2 heaping spoonfuls of coconut oil
- ¼ cup Xagave
- In an electric pressure cooker add in the rice, water, and salt.
- Cook at high pressure for 12 minutes.
- When finished, mix in the oil and Xagave.
- If you'd like, add in raisins or fresh fruit.
Brown rice is a great meat extender. It adds flavor and is concealed easily. I love meatballs and I love them even more when they are healthier.
- 2 pounds lean, ground beef or turkey
- 6 cups bread crumbs, can be gluten free
- 2 teaspoons garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup onion chopped fine
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups brown rice cooked
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons tuscan sunset Penzeys, or Italian seasoning
- 1 (24-ounce) can tomato sauce or Fresh made oven roasted tomatoes
- Mix all ingredients except Tuscan Sunset and tomato sauce, until well blended.
- Form into 2" balls.
- In pressure cooker heat 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Add meatballs and brown lightly.
- Cover with tomato sauce and Tuscan Sunset seasoning.
- Cook on high pressure for 12 minutes.
- Naturally release for a few minutes.
Breakfast the most important meal of the day just got better. With this breakfast you might feel guilty, it taste so great. Print Pressure Cooker Breakfast Cereal/Brown Rice Heaven Author: Chef Brad Prep time: 2 mins Cook time: 12 mins Total time: 14 mins Ingredients …
Hot cereal so good it feels like you are eating dessert for breakfast! What a wonderful way to start the day. Print Multi-Grain Hot Cereal Author: Chef Brad Ingredients Equal parts each of the following grains: KAMUT, popcorn, pearled barley, brown rice. Water Salt Coconut …
Brown Rice is a natural to add to breads, it really enhances the texture and chewy ness of the bread. I love also that it adds so much fiber and nutrition.
- 1 cup sour dough start ( You can order Chef Brad's starter at www.chefbrad.com)
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 eggs whites
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt Kosher
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cups manzanita olives
- 2 cups brown rice cooked
- 5-7 cups flour combonoation of white and wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons saf yeast
- Low fat mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh or ½ tablespoon dried rosemary
- Place all ingredients in WonderMix mixer bowl adding only half the flour and placing the yeast on top of the flour.
- Turn on mixer and add more flour until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Knead for 6 minutes.
- Let dough rise and than divide and roll into circles.
- Top with olive oil, salt, fresh grated mozzarella cheese, and rosemary.
This is a great recipe using cooked grains. Brown rice and barley cooked really make a chewy dinner roll that will have your mouth watering for more. Print Brown Rice Barley Feta Dinner Rolls Author: Chef Brad Ingredients 4 cups hot water 2 cups cooked …