This is a wonderful new twist on a old favorite recipe of mine that I called Lemon Chicken Louise, after my wife. I have updated it using whole grains and the result is amazing.
Author: Chef Brad
- 8 chicken thighs, skin off
- 2 cups fresh ground whole grain flour, I like a mixture of spelt, barley, and brown rice.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 lemons, juice and zest
- Peanut oil
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- In saute pan with peanut oil, brown meat that has been dredged in the whole grain flour mixture with salt and pepper.
- After browned, set aside.
- In pressure cooker saute onions and garlic in small amount of oil.
- Place browned chicken on top of tender onions and garlic and add can of soup with lemon juice and zest.
- Pressure on high for 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from sauce and add more water if needed, pour sauce over chicken, garnish with fresh parsley and serve with brown rice or mashed potatoes.