So rich with all the rutabaga and turnip, this is a sure pleaser for a stew. Served with fresh baked bread, heaven is at the door. Print Fall Stew Author: Chef Brad Ingredients 1 large rutabaga 1 large turnip 1 yuca 1 large potato ½ …
Tag: pressure cooker
The very best mashed potatoes you will ever eat. I love them and I have not found one person that does not just die for them. They are amazing. Savory, sweet, and creamy. It does not get better.
- For the Potatoes:
- 12 to 15 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, brought to room temperature
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- ½ cup butter, brought to room temperature
- 3 cups sliced almonds
- 2 cups Chef Brad’s cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, fresh, and chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme, fresh, and chopped
- 2 teaspoon salt and fresh black pepper
- 2 cups fresh made croutons
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- ⅓ cup whole grain flour
- For the Potatoes:
- Place whole potatoes in a pressure cooker and cook for 8 minutes on high pressure. Let pressure down using the natural release method place in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients, mash, and mix well. Place in a large baking dish and top with nut and cranberry topping.
- Place all ingredients except the quinoa in a bowl and mix together. Spread mixture on top of potatoes and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until the topping is golden brown and potatoes are bubbly.
Freekah is a wonderful grain that is new to the states. it is nutty and packed with nutrition. I love hot cereal for breakfast and this one is so satisfying. I love it. Print Freekah Hot Breakfast Cereal Author: Chef Brad Serves: 6 servings Ingredients 1 …
Pressure cooking is so great and it adds to flavor and saves time.
- 4 large chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon minced or grated ginger
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Haco chicken soup base
- ½ cup rice
- ¾ cup quinoa
- ¼ pound pasta
- 3 quarts water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pressure cooker (I use the 8 qt. electric), turned on high, add the oil, onion, garlic, and ginger. Sauté for a couple of minutes and add chicken.
- Continue cooking for a couple of minutes.
- Add the grains and pasta with water and soup base.
- Place lid on pressure cooker and cook for 7 minutes.
- Release pressure and salt and pepper to taste.
I love this wonderful simple salad. The fresh ginger really adds to the flavor of the salad. Print Whipped Ginger Salad Author: Chef Brad Ingredients 4 cups heavy cream ½ cup xagave Fresh grated ginger, about 1 tablespoon fresh ginger 2 teaspoons vanilla – 3-4 …
This pork rivals any restaurants pulled pork, served with the pineapple mango salsa, it is amazing.
- 2 cups pineapple soda
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup Xagave
- 1 Tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 large sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 3 fresh jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 8 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 to 5 lbs. Pork butt roast, cut into chunks
- Place all ingredients in the pressure cooker and cook for 1 hour on high pressure.
- After one hour, remove lid and shred the pork.
- Let simmer in juices on low until most of the juice is gone.
Millet is perfect food for everyone and for breakfast you can’t beat it. Tasty and packed with protein. It stays with you and all day long you will be dreaming about the breakfast you had. Print Millet Hot Breakfast Delight Author: Chef Brad Ingredients 1 …
Adding millet to beans not makes them taste great, but adds much more fiber and nutrition.
- 3 cups dry beans, black or pinto
- ¼ cup uncooked millet
- 9 cups water
- 1 t. salt
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- Using pressure cooker, cook the dry beans and millet according to your manufactures directions until tender.
- Usually 3 to 1 ration about 35 to 45 minutes.
- You can tell when the beans are done when you open up the pressure cooker and if none of the beans are floating they are done.
- When done, drain off a little of the liquid and add the salt and oil.
- Using an emersion blender, puree the beans in the pot, remembering to leave a little texture in them.
Brown rice is so dreamy for breakfast. Print Brown Rice Sweet Breakfast Cereal Author: Chef Brad Ingredients 2 cups sweet brown rice 3 ½ cups of water Pinch of salt 2 heaping spoonfuls of coconut oil ¼ cup Xagave Instructions In an electric pressure cooker …
- 2 chicken breasts, diced, uncooked
- 1 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 T. smoked paprika
- 2 T. Tuscan sunset
- 4 cups Vegetable Stock (can use chicken stock)
- 28 oz. can crushed fire roasted tomatoes
- 3 cups long grain brown rice, uncooked
- 1 cup corn, frozen
- Turn on an electric pressure cooker to high heat to begin heating up.
- Put in the chicken with the oil and start browning.
- Add in the seasonings and cook for a few minutes.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine.
- Place on the lid and lock in place.
- Make sure the valve in closed and cook for 20 minutes.
Barley makes the most wonderful salads. I love the chewy texture and buttery flavor. This salad is one of my very favorites. Remember to not add the lettuce until ready to serve. Print Sweet Apple and Cheese Barley Salad Author: Chef Brad Ingredients For the …
This is a wonderful new twist on a old favorite recipe of mine that I called Lemon Chicken Louise, after my wife. I have updated it using whole grains and the result is amazing.
- 8 chicken thighs, skin off
- 2 cups fresh ground whole grain flour, I like a mixture of spelt, barley, and brown rice.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 lemons, juice and zest
- Peanut oil
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- In saute pan with peanut oil, brown meat that has been dredged in the whole grain flour mixture with salt and pepper.
- After browned, set aside.
- In pressure cooker saute onions and garlic in small amount of oil.
- Place browned chicken on top of tender onions and garlic and add can of soup with lemon juice and zest.
- Pressure on high for 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from sauce and add more water if needed, pour sauce over chicken, garnish with fresh parsley and serve with brown rice or mashed potatoes.
Simple yet oh so great. The white quinoa really adds to the flavor and nutrition. Print White Quinoa Cabbage Soup Author: Chef Brad Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 6 mins Total time: 11 mins Serves: 8 Ingredients 3 cups finely shredded cabbabe 1 large yellow …