This is a wonderful fresh yogurt cheese that is perfect for the summer months. A wonderful cheese like yogurt served with pita or flat breads. Print Labane Author: Chef Brad Ingredients 1 Large container plain Greek yogurt ½ cup chopped fresh mint ½ cup chopped fresh …
Tag: flat bread
- 4 cups fresh ground Farro
- 1 cup white flour
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups warm buttermilk
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 2 T. smoked paprika
- Place buttermilk in mixer and add 1 cup white flour, butter, buttermilk, salt, paprika, and baking powder, turn on mixer and add farro flour until dough pulls away from the sides,
- Knead for 3 minutes.
- Divide into 16 small balls.
- Roll out on floured surface and cook in a tortilla press or cast iron skillet.
The buckwheat makes this a wonderful rustic bread.
- 1 cup sourdough
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1 jar chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups Fresh ground buckwheat flour
- ¼ cup Saf instant yeast
- 4 to 6 cups natural white flour
- Place all ingredients, except olives and feta, in mixer with half the flour and yeast going in last (placing the yeast on top).
- Turn on mixer and add remaining flour until dough cleans sides of bowl.
- Knead for 5 minutes and than add the olives and feta.
- Knead for one more minute and then remove and separate dough into 2 pieces.
- Roll out dough and let rise.
- Using fingers, make indents in top of dough and brush with oil and sprinkle with kosher salt and rosemary or herbs.
- Bake in hot 500 degree oven on preheated pizza stone until golden brown.
This is a simple wonderful bread that goes with anything. Print Buckwheat Olive Flat Bread Author: Chef Brad Serves: 2 or 3 large flat breads Ingredients 2 cups hot water 1 tablespoon salt ¼ cup oil ¼ cup xagave 1 small jar pitted kalamta olives, chopped …