I love the chewy texture that the barley gives this bread. It’s chewy without being crunchy and tough. Print Barley Potato Bread Author: Chef Brad Ingredients 3 cups cooked Barley 4 cups hot water 2 cooked peeled and riced potatoes 1 cup sourdough starter ⅓ cup …
Farro adds the most wonderful chewy texture to breads.
- ½ cup instant potatoes
- ½ cube butter (maybe we should put the cup version, since not many people are familiar with this)
- 3 ½ cups hot water
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 T. salt
- 1 ½ cups soaked and steamed farro
- 6-8 cups Natural White or other high gluten flour
- 2 T. Saf or other instant yeast
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place instant potatoes in WonderMix mixer with butter and hot water. Add salt, sugar and farro. Add 3 cups of flour, placing the yeast on top. Begin mixing, adding more flour until dough pulls away from sides of the bowl. Let knead for 6 minutes.
- Separate into loaves or make rolls. Allow to rise until double. Place bread into preheated oven, immediately drop temperature to 325 degrees and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the internal bread temperature reaches 180 degrees.
Cardamom is certainly a Christmas smell to me. I love the deepness of the aroma and it has a warming effect of me. This is a great bread. Print Christmas Farmhouse White Bread with Cardamom Author: Chef Brad Serves: 2 large loaves Ingredients 2 cups boiling …
This recipe maxes out the WonderMix mixer, but it works great. I bake for large groups at work and 6 loaves feeds them very well. Nothing like sandwiches made on homemade bread.
- 8 cups hot water
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 12 cups fresh ground hard white wheat flour
- 6 tablespoon yeast
- ¼ cup dough enhancer
- Unbrominated White Flour
- Place water, butter, sugar, dough enhancer, salt, and fresh ground flour in WonderMix bowl.
- Place yeast on top and turn on mixer.
- Add unbrominated flour until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Mix for 6 minutes.
- Remove from bowl and divide into 6 two lb. loaves. (I use a kitchen scale for this).
- Place in oiled bread pans and let rise to double.
- Place in a 400 degree preheated oven and than drop temperature to 335 degrees right away.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until done. (I use a instant read thermometer for this. 180 degrees and the bread is done.)
- Remove from oven and remove from pan and let cool before placing in bread bags.