This is one of my favorite soups in the world. I have taken it and made it work in the pressure cooker. It only adds to the flavor and is ready in under one hour instead of three hours.
Author: Chef Brad
- 1 tablespoon lard or vegetable oil
- ½ cup uncooked grain, barley, quinoa, or kamut
- 2 large onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 pounds pork butt, trimmed and cut in 2 inch pieces
- 1 cup ancho chile puree
- To make paste, place dried ancho chilies with water and
- cook until tender. Blend in blender and pass through a
- 1 bay leave
- 2 tablespoons dried Mexican Oregano
- 1 teaspooon salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 can hominy, yellow
- Cilantro leaves, shredded lettuce, and limes for garnish
- In pressure cooker, melt lard or heat oil.
- Add onions and garlic.
- Saute until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and place lid on pressure cooker.
- Pressure for 35 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro, lettuce, and limes.