These are simple pressure cooker recipes using the electric pressure cooker. It works well because of the not stick qualities and the controlled heating. It cuts the time way down when cooking pastas. No need to precook the pasta, just throw it in and cook …
Kamut and Caesar are the perfect match. The chewy texture of Kamut really goes with the tangy Caesar dressing. Print Kamut Caesar Salad Author: Chef Brad Ingredients 1 large egg 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice 1 medium garlic clove, crushed 1 …
Just adding a grain add to the wonderfulness of any recipe. This one is a perfect example.
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 20 oz. can crushed pineapple or cubed pineapple, drained
- 1 can Eagle Brand condensed milk
- 12 oz tub of cool whip
- 1 cup chopped cashews
- 1 cup cooked Kamut
- In a large bowl blend the condensed milk and cool whip. Stir in the cherry pie filling. Gently stir till the color is an even pink. Add pineapple, and nuts, kamut until well blended.
- Best if made the night before using.
Kamut has a buttery texture and nutty flavor. It’s one of my favorite breakfast cereals. Print Cracked Kamut Hot Cereal Author: Chef Brad Ingredients 1 cup cracked Kamut (you can crack kamut in Blender or hand Grain Mill) 4 cups hot water Dash salt Coconut …
I love this wonderful simple salad. The fresh ginger really adds to the flavor of the salad. Print Whipped Ginger Salad Author: Chef Brad Ingredients 4 cups heavy cream ½ cup xagave Fresh grated ginger, about 1 tablespoon fresh ginger 2 teaspoons vanilla – 3-4 …
I love the chewy kamut whole grain. I cook it in my Fagor Electric pressure cooker. Chilled it is great added to salads, and many other dishes.
- For the salad:
- 2 mangos, diced
- ⅓ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 apple, diced
- 1 pear, diced
- 6 oz blackberries
- 1 to 2 cups Kamut, cooked and chilled.
- ½ cup cashews
- ½ cup lemon fish oil or lemonade flax oil
- ½ cup xagave nectar
- ⅓ cup white balsamic vinegar (white peach)
- dash salt
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and toss with dressing.
One of my favorite breakfast cereals. I use the Wondermill Jr hand grinder to crack my kamut. Print Cracked Hot Kamut Cereal Author: Chef Brad Ingredients 1 cup cracked kamut 4 cups of water Coconut oil Slivered almonds Dried fruit such as blueberries, cranberries, cherries, …
This is an amazing salad. From the pears to the grain you will love the texture and flavors.
- For the Salad:
- 6 pears, cut in half and cored
- 2 cups chilled cooked Kamut
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- ½ cup crumbled cheese
- 1 large bunch asparagus, top three inches
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Xagave
- 1 package mesclun greens
- ` Pecan halves
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon shallots, chopped fine
- ⅓ cup Xagave
- 1 teaspoon salt
- On griddle or skillet, place pears face down and cook until golden brown, remove from heat and place on baking sheet and bake in a 350 degree oven until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool.
- On griddle place oil and asparagus, toss in oil and drizzle with Xagave and vinegar.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until asparagus is caramelized.
- Remove and cool.
- Make dressing( if using a sauce pan, use drippings from asparagus for dressing), and toss pears, kamut, strawberries, and pecans in dressing.
- Place over greens and garnish with crumbled cheese.
Simple ingredients, but oh so good. Print Strawberry Asparagus Salad Author: Chef Brad Ingredients For the Salad: Fresh strawberries Fresh Asparagus Fresh Leafy lettuce Feta Cheese Pine nuts, roasted or almond Cooked Kamut Fresh mushrooms, sliced Roasted red peppers = For the Dressing: ¼ cup …
This is a great way to make pizza dough, Kamut does not have a high gluten content, but makes a nice crockery dough.
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 2 cups hot water
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup Xagave or honey
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 4 cups kamut flour
- 4 tablespoons saf instant yeast
- white flour to clean the bowl
- Place all ingredients except white flour in WonderMix mixer bowl placing yeast on top.
- Turn on mixer and add white flour until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Mix for 6 minutes.
- Remove from mixer and place in oiled bowl and let rise until double about 20 minutes.
- After dough has risen, divide into desired portions and roll out.
- Place dough on a parchment paper and top pizza with desired toppings and bake on a pizza stone in a 500 degree oven for 5 to 7 minutes or until desired doneness.
Hot cereal so good it feels like you are eating dessert for breakfast! What a wonderful way to start the day.
- Equal parts each of the following grains: KAMUT, popcorn, pearled barley, brown rice.
- Coconut oil
- Combine grains into a bowl and hand mix.
- Pour grain mixture in to the Wonder Junior hand grain mill and grind coarse.
- Add 3-4 cups of water, pinch of salt, and a splash of coconut oil for every cup of cereal grains to pressure cooker. Stir together.
- Pressure cook for 3 minutes.
- Optionally serve with sweetener (Agave or Coconut Sugar), fresh berries, and a splash of milk.
Kamut makes the most wonderful pancakes and waffles. Light and buttery! It is hard to get better than this for a pancake. Print Blueberry Kamut Pancakes with Almond Buttermilk Syrup Author: Chef Brad Ingredients 4 eggs 2 cups buttermilk 1 T vanilla 3 T vegetable …