Author: Chef Brad
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium, onion chopped
- 5 cups cooked KAMUT
- ¼ cup ,sherry vinegar
- 5-6 cups chicken stock, heated
- 6 cups cubed, steamed butternut squash, do not over cook
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cube butter
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese, grated salt and pepper to taste
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and saute until tender.
- Add cooked Kamut and stir until golden.
- Add the vinegar and cook a minute more.
- Add cooked kamut and Have the chicken stock be warming in a pot on the stove next to you where you are working.
- Start adding warm stock about ½ cup at a time, and cook until evaporated, continuing to add more stock until Kamut is very tender.
- Half way through the stock, add in the butternut squash to the Kamut.
- Once Kamut is done, add the cheese, cream, butter, salt and pepper.
- Stir and serve warm garnished with parsley.
*Cook Kamut in a pressure cooker for 14 minutes on high pressure or simmer on the stove for 45 minutes.