Beans in a breakfast salad, why not? They add texture, nutrition, and flavor. I adore this salad. Print Bean Breakfast Salad Author: Chef Brad Ingredients 1 lb. strawberries 1-2 pints raspberries 1 fresh pineapple, cored and diced 1 can great northern beans, drained and rinsed …
I love this wonderful simple salad. The fresh ginger really adds to the flavor of the salad.
- 4 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup xagave
- Fresh grated ginger, about 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3-4 bananas, sliced
- 2 red pears or apples, diced small
- 2 fresh mangoes, diced
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups cooked kamut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- To cook kamut, place in pressure cooker with double the water and pressure for 25 minutes.
- Whip the first four ingredients together until stiff.
- In a large bowl add all the rest of the ingredients and fold into cream.
I use Voronica Oils and Vinegars, They are the best. You can go to the web site and find out more information about these wonderful oils and vinegars. Print Teff Salad Dressing and Fruit Salad Author: Chef Brad Ingredients Fresh Lettuce, romaine or leafy lettuce, …
Millet and beans go so well together, This salad is so wonderful.
- 2 cups Millet, cooked, chilled
- 3 cups black beans, cooked, chilled
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 pints red and yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ of a red onion
- ½ of a large red bell pepper
- ½ of a large orange bell pepper
- 4 cobs of fresh corn, roasted and corn kernels cut off the cob, to roast corn place under the broiler
- Or place in 400 degree oven until corn browns.
- 1 zucchini, small diced
- 2 to three tablespoons Roasted paprika I love Penzeys
- ¼ cup Flax oil
- ⅓ cup White balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients and toss with the dressing.
Millet cooks just like white rice. In the pressure cooker 6 minutes.
I love farro and it is great in salads. Print Grilled Vegetable and Farro Salad Author: Chef Brad Ingredients 2 yellow squash, washed and cut into length wise strips 2 zucchini, washed and cut into length wise strips 1-2 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil 2-4 …
Edamame is very popular and really adds flavor and taste to this salad.
- 8 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 Tablespoons walnut oil
- 2 Tablespoons flax oil
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 Tablespoon Xagave
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (1 pound) packages frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans), steamed
- 1-2 cups cooked white quiona
- 3 cups roasted corn kernels
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a large serving bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, walnut oil, flax oil, cilantro, lime juice, xagave, salt and garlic.
- In the same large bowl you made the dressing in, mix the rest of the ingredients together and toss with the dressing.
I love this salad. The cooked cracked corn is so different and unexpected that it makes the salad Print Corn: Cracked Corn Salad Author: Chef Brad Ingredients 3 cups cracked corn, cooked Crack pop corn by placing in hand grinder or powerful blender to crack. …
I found this recipe on a Trip to South America and added the quinoa, I love the color and the flavor is amazing.
- 8 to 10 beets, cooked and cut into ½ inch pieces
- 8 eggs, hard boiled and chopped
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 cup cooked red quinoa
- Fresh squeezed lemon juice from two lemons
- Mayonnaise, about a cup or so, enough to make it nice
- In a bowl stir together the lemon juice and mayonnaise till combined.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and fold together until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Wonderful easy salad. I love to top a salad with amaranth. It is so lovely and tastes great.
- Large bowl of fresh spinach
- 8 strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup grapefruit, segmented
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup dried pineapple pieces
- Popped amaranth
- Mustard Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing:
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup flax oil
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup xagave (if you like it sweeter add more)
- 1 heaping spoonful Dijon mustard
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- In the serving bowl, add the spinach and all of the toppings but the popped amaranth.
- Pour on dressing just before you serve.
- Sprinkle on the amaranth all over the top.
Barley makes the most wonderful salads. I love the chewy texture and buttery flavor. This salad is one of my very favorites. Remember to not add the lettuce until ready to serve. Print Sweet Apple and Cheese Barley Salad Author: Chef Brad Ingredients For the …
- 6 apples chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 6 cups cooked barley
- 3 cups fruit cocktail, drained, reserving juice
- 1 cup walnuts
- Reserved juice
- 1 cup mayo
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ flax oil
- ¼ sugar
- Dash salt
- Chop apples and mix all ingredients together and toss.
- Whisk together Dressing ingredients and toss with salad.
Print Sprouted Barley Breakfast Salad Author: Chef Brad Ingredients 3 cups sprouted, steamed barley 2 bananas cut 1 fresh pineapple chopped 3 apples chopped mango chopped cantaloupe chopped fresh berries – Dressing ingredients : ⅓ cup Xagave ⅓ cup white balsamic vinegar ⅓ cup coconut oil …