Tag: pearled barley
Used long before wheat ever was, barley is believed to be the world’s oldest cultivated grain. The bread made from barley was probably heavy since barley contains only small amounts of gluten. Perhaps the most common use of barley is for making such alcoholic beverages …
What a great pressure cooker recipe, I would serve this with fresh sliced tomatoes, onions, and cucumbers. Print Sausage and Millet – Caribbean Style Author: Chef Brad Ingredients 1 cup Millet 1 cup pearled barley 1 cup white rice 2 Tablespoons sugar 3 Tablespoons oil …
Hot cereal so good it feels like you are eating dessert for breakfast! What a wonderful way to start the day.
- Equal parts each of the following grains: KAMUT, popcorn, pearled barley, brown rice.
- Coconut oil
- Combine grains into a bowl and hand mix.
- Pour grain mixture in to the Wonder Junior hand grain mill and grind coarse.
- Add 3-4 cups of water, pinch of salt, and a splash of coconut oil for every cup of cereal grains to pressure cooker. Stir together.
- Pressure cook for 3 minutes.
- Optionally serve with sweetener (Agave or Coconut Sugar), fresh berries, and a splash of milk.