Freekah is a wonderful grain that is new to the states. it is nutty and packed with nutrition. I love hot cereal for breakfast and this one is so satisfying. I love it. Print Freekah Hot Breakfast Cereal Author: Chef Brad Serves: 6 servings Ingredients 1 …
- Cream together till light and fluffy:
- 1 cup butter (2 cubes)
- 1½ cups Xagave or 2 cups sugar
- Add one at a time..
- 4 eggs
- 2 ripe mashed bananas
- In separate bowl, sift together:
- 7 cups fresh ground freekah
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Add to creamed mix..
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- Then alternate dry ingredients with
- 3 cups buttermilk
- Make sure you do not over mix the batter. Over mixed batter makes tough muffins.
- Spoon into greased muffin tin and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.