Pasta Under Pressure Sausage & Pasta or Chicken & Pasta
These are simple pressure cooker recipes using the electric pressure cooker. It works well because of the not stick qualities and the controlled heating. It cuts the time way down when cooking pastas. No need to precook the pasta, just throw it in and cook for 6 minutes and it is done.
To start I always turn on the pressure cooker to saute. This is 2 recipes. To make the chicken one do the “or” to do the sausage one do everything in the left. Two meals completely different taste.
- 2 large Italian sausages or 2 chopped boneless breast of chicken
- ½ cup chopped onion, celery, and carrots
- ⅓ cup uncooked quinoa or 1 cup cooked KAMUT
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar or 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons good quality Italian seasoning or 2 teaspoons fresh minced rosemary
- 1 large bottle spaghetti sauce or one very large can cream of chicken soup
- 1 lb. dry noodles, ziti is great for sausage, flat noodles for chicken
- 1-2 cups cheese, mozzarella for sausage, Fontina for chicken
- In your pressure cooker turned on to sauté, add Italian sausages.
- Using a potato smasher, break up sausage.
- Cook until almost done and add onion, celery, carrots, and garlic with olive oil.
- Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add sauce and fill empty sauce bottle half way with water and add that with pasta, grains, seasoning, and vinegar.
- Change setting to pressure high and place lid on and cook for 6 minutes.
- Let pressure down naturally and then stir and tip with cheese.