You can use kasha (roasted hulled buckwheat) or hulled buckwheat in this recipe. Kasha has a stronger flavor, but I love it, hulled is milder, but I love it too. Either way you will have a great salad.
Author: Chef Brad
- 2-3 cups hulled Buckwheat, cooked, chilled
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese balls
- 3 roasted red peppers, diced
- 1 handful fresh basil, torn
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup halved cashews
- 1 Tablespoon Tuscan Sunset (Penzey's) or your favorite Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup lemon flax oil
- In a mixing bowl add all of the ingredients for the salad.
- Pour dressing over and toss well.