This is an amazing way to eat potatoes, it is great hot or cold.
Author: Chef Brad
- For the Dough
- In your mixer bowl place the following ingredients and let sponge for 20 minutes.
- 1 cup sour dough starter
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons yeast
- After 20 minutes, add the following ingredients to the bowl and knead for 6 minutes. After kneading place dough in oiled bowl and let rise.
- 2 tablespoons salt
- ½ cup or more of whole grain Teff
- ⅓ cup of feta cheese
- 3 to 5 cups flour
- For Filling
- 4 large potatoes, sliced and steamed (2-3 per pie)
- 3 cups cheddar jack cheese blend
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- After dough has raised, divide into four pieces and roll out like a pizza, except leave the dough thicker.
- Place one piece on a parchment pepper and top with the filling ingredients.
- Roll out 2nd portion of dough and place on top of the first piece.
- Fold and crimp edges.
- Top with olive oil, rosemary, and kosher salt.
- Bake on a hot pizza stone preheated in a 500 degree oven for 12-15 minutes.
- This recipe makes two pies.