Pesto is great for pizza, salads, sauteing vegetables, and so much more. Changing the herbs can really make a great difference.
Author: Chef Brad
- 2 cups or lightly packed fresh basil or cilantro
- 1 cup lightly toasted pistachio nut
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, or juice of one lemon
- 3-5 cloves garlic
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toast pistachios in a skillet, lightly.
- Place basil in a blender or food processor, with vinegar or lemon juice, pistachios, garlic and cheese.
- Chop or blend well.
- Add oil and puree well.
- Salt and pepper.
- Can be used with pasta, also as a spread for bread, or a sauce for pizza.