Author: Chef Brad
- 3 Teaspoons instant yeast
- 2 eggs
- 4 Teaspoons sugar
- 3 cups natural white flour or fresh ground Kamut flour
- ½ cup semolina flour
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups water
- Place all ingredients in WonderMix mixer bowl and mix well for 3 minutes.
- Batter should be thinner than a regular pancake.
- If too thick, add a little more milk.
- It may need more depending on the type of flour used.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- To cook, preheat griddle on high.
- Brush or spray with non-stick oil.
- Ladle enough batter onto griddle, about ⅓ cup, to create a 5 to 6 inch pancake.
- Cook on one side only for about 2 minutes, or until top is almost dry.
- Remove from griddle and fill with filling.
- Fold over and gently crimp edges with fingers.
- Place on cookie sheet and continue to bake until batter is finished.
- Brush with butter and bake for 5 minutes in a hot 350 degree oven.
- Remove from oven and top with lemon syrup.
Chef Brad’s apple, strawberry, lemon, or raspberry fillings work great.
Using 1/2 cup of above fillings, add 1 cup sugar to 2 cups water and bring to boil.
Whisk gently and serve hot.
Wonder Flour can be used in this recipe.