Refreshing and wonderful, make sure you buy the large Mexican papaya’s, they are the best and make sure you save some of the seeds, they add a wonderful peppery flavor to the salad.
Author: Chef Brad
- 2 large Papaya, peeled and cut in cubes
- (save the seeds)
- 2 cups cooked red quinoa
- 2 cups grapes, sliced in half
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 3 heads romaine lettuce, chopped
- Seed from papaya
- One bunch cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup flax oil
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup honey
- Salt and pepper
- Marinate pork in:
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Make the salad with the listed ingredients and toss with the dressing.
- Serve on the romaine lettuce, do not mix the lettuce with the salad.
- The pork is wonderful. I grill it and slice it and serve it on top of the salad.