This Buttermilk Pastry Dough recipe can be use for many things, including pie crust. Print Buttermilk Pastry Dough Author: Chef Brad Ingredients 3 cups fresh ground spelt flour, ground on the pastry setting on your WonderMill 3 tablespoons sugar 1 teaspoon salt 2 cubes or …
Print Spelt Stuffed Cantaloupe Salad Author: Chef Brad Ingredients 2 cups cooked spelt, chilled 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half 2 avocados, in ¼ inch chunks 1 bunch scallions, chopped 1 large cucumber, peeled and diced 1 cup green grapes, sliced in half 1 …
Beans in a breakfast salad, why not? They add texture, nutrition, and flavor. I adore this salad.
- 1 lb. strawberries
- 1-2 pints raspberries
- 1 fresh pineapple, cored and diced
- 1 can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 2-3 cups cooked spelt
- 1 container crumbled goat cheese
- ¼ cup fig jam
- ¼ cup Total Omega Swirl Orange cream
- 1-2 Tablespoons Xagave
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Splash of balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients but cheese and toss with dressing. Sprinkle goat cheese crumbles on top.
Whole grain spelt with cranberries to make the perfect healthy holiday buttermilk biscuits. We also show you an excellent trick in the video for using the WonderMix mixer for cutting the butter quickly and perfectly. Print Cranberry Yeasted Buttermilk Biscuits Author: Chef Brad Ingredients 1 …
Scones are amazing. These are over the top great.
- 3 cups spelt flour
- 1 T. baking powder
- 1 T. sugar
- 2 t. salt
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 5 oz. grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups buttermilk + additional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Add chives and cheddar, tossing to combine. Stir in buttermilk with a fork until a sticky dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead 8 times with floured hands. Form into a round loaf. Brush top of round with additional buttermilk and cut each into 8 wedges.
- Arrange wedges about ½ inches apart on an ungreased large baking sheet and bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Cool on a rack.
I love quinoa in cornbread, it gives it a moistness that is so charming and the crumb is so tender.
- 2 cups freshly ground popcorn
- 2 cups WonderFlour™ or spelt flour
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 cups cooked white quinoa
- 1 ear of corn, roasted, kernels removed
- 2⅓ cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, whisking together till just combined.
- Preheat oven to 375-400 degrees (depending on how hot your oven runs).
- Place batter in a sprayed baking dish and place in oven to bake for about 15-25 minutes.
My favorite holiday dessert, it is perfect in every way. Print Christmas Sticky Toffee Pudding Author: Chef Brad Ingredients 2 oz. butter 6 oz sugar 6 oz spelt flour 6 oz dates, chopped 2 eggs ½ teaspoons vanilla extract 1 level teaspoon baking soda Instructions …