Tag: corn bread
I love quinoa in cornbread, it gives it a moistness that is so charming and the crumb is so tender. Print Old Fashion Cornbread with Quinoa Author: Chef Brad Ingredients 2 cups freshly ground popcorn 2 cups WonderFlour™ or spelt flour ½ cup white sugar …
Nothing like corn bread baked in a cast iron pan. Amazing how much difference there is. You don’t have to use the bacon, butter can work, but in the south, bacon is a must.
- 2 T. bacon drippings
- 2 cups popcorn, freshly ground
- 2 cups amaranth, freshly ground
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 t. salt
- 2 T. Rumfords baking powder
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup canola oil
- Place a large cast iron skillet on stove over high heat or in preheated 400 degree oven with the bacon drippings.
- Whisk all of the other ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- When skillet is very hot, remove from heat or from oven and pour in the batter.
- Place in 400 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes.