I love turkey but I love cranberry sauce more! So I think I make the turkey so I can make cranberry sauce.
I love this sauce. I have tried many, and I love a lot of them, but this one is my favorite. I love the hint of orange and the vanilla aftertaste, it is so good. Make sure to try the cranberry butter recipe also.
- ½ lb. fresh cranberries (can use a full pound but omit the blueberries)
- ½ lb blueberries
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 Tablespoon orange flavor or 6 drops orange essential oil
- 1½ cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- In a blender, place the vanilla bean and water and blend.
- In a pot add the berries, vanilla water mixture, and sugar. Cook until the berries burst.
- Turn off heat and add orange flavor.
Goes great with turkey but not necessary.