Chef Brad Quick Tip: Flaky Pie Crust (and recipe)
Baking pie crust is kind of an art and not everyone can do it but here is a great Chef Brad tip to help you master the art.
Pie Pastry (pie crust)
Author: Chef Brad
- 2½ Natural White or high-gluten white flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 sticks cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons ice water
- Mix flour and sugar with wire whips in WonderMix bowl.
- Add butter pieces and mix until mixture resembles course meal.
- Change to dough hook and slowly add egg yolks mixed with ice water.
- Mix just until dough holds together. Don’t over mix!
- Turn dough out onto plastic wrap.
- Press into flat circle.
- Wrap and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Roll out and use as desired.