Oats are tender and wonderful to add to just about anything. Adding them to bread is the perfect way to add nutrition and flavor to your rolls.
Author: Chef Brad
- 2 cups hot water
- ½ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup Xagave
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats or cooked oat groats
- 2 Tablespoon yeast
- White flour – for adding in until dough pulls from the sides (about 4 to 6 cups of flour will do it)
- Using a WonderMix mixer with dough hook attachment, start by adding in all of the ingredients in order listed (except the white flour). Start mixing, and begin adding white flour in small increments until the dough JUST pulls from the sides, but is still slightly sticky. Once this happens, let mix for 6 minutes.
- Take the dough and squeeze a small amount through the top of your hand. Break off the dough to form the size roll you'd like. Arrange on a sheet pan, and let rise until double. Brush with an egg wash.
- Place in a preheated 400 degree oven, then immediately drop the heat to 325 degrees and cook for 20 minutes or until golden brown.