Smoked Meat Loaf
When I make meat loaf, I make a big batch. One for eating and two for later. I wrap them and place them in the freezer for future use. Nothing like smoked meat loaf, from sandwiches to stir fry, it’s great. Watch our Facebook Live Video of this recipe…
- 4 lbs ground beef, lean
- 6 cups cooked brown rice (or red cargo rice, found in oriental markets)
- 1 large onion
- 2 bells peppers
- 6 eggs
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon each salt and pepper
- 1 sleeve crackers, crushed
- In WonderMix blender place eggs, onion, bell peppers, garlic, parsley, oil, and vinegar. Pulse until well chopped.
- In mixer bowl place meat, rice, Italian seasoning, crackers, and salt and pepper.
- Pour blender mixture over meat and mix with dough hook until well blended.
- In large disposable pan that is sprayed, form three loaves. Top with tomato sauce or ketchup.
- Smoke in Smoker for 4 hours.
- I always crank up the heat for the last 30 minutes to caramelize the ketchup.
- Let rest before slicing.
My favorite smoker it my Traeger smoker and the WonderMix kitchen mixer makes this an easy job.