Some recipes bring up memories and remind us of childhood. This is a favorite childhood recipe of mine. It was I thought a “mom” original, but I later found out that it was a grandmother original. Some of the best recipes are the ones handed down from parent to child. I have modified this recipe to work in the pressure cooker.
- ½ lb. lean ground beef or ground turkey
- ¾ cup uncooked red quinoa
- 1 finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 finely chopped small yellow onion
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small can chopped olives, try kalamata for a change
- 1 lb. flat egg or ribbon noodles, uncooked, or gluten free noodles
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and Pepper
- In your pressure cooker brown the meat with the red quinoa and olive oil.
- Add all ingredients except the cheese and mix well.
- Place lid on pressure cooker and cook on high pressure for 6 minutes.
- Let pressure down naturally, open and stir and cover with cheese.
- Place lid on pressure cooker and let cheese melt.
- Serve with fresh baked french bread.