Lentils are so packed with nutrition.
Author: Chef Brad
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 lb. lentils (about 1 ¼ cup) of any variety
- 11 cups low sodium chicken broth, or to the line of pressure cooker
- 4 to 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- ⅔ cup dried elbow pasta
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion, carrots, and celery.
- Add the garlic, salt and pepper and sauté until all of the vegetables are tender, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and lentils and broth, and pasta. Stir, and add in the thyme sprigs.
- Cover and pressure for 12 minutes.
- Serve in bowls sprinkled with cheese.