This is a great side dish, so tasty and really a comfort food.
Author: Chef Brad
- 2 cups cooked barley
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons
- 2 bunches steamed asparagus, cut in 14 inch pieces
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves,chopped
- 1 cup golden raisins
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ½ to ¾ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- In saute pan, saute onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- In large bowl add ricotta and eggs, mix well and add all ingredients and mix again.
- Pour into large casserole pan, sprayed with non stick spray.
- You can coat with bread crumbs to add a crispy coat if desired.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until a golden brown.