Sour Dough Spinach Bread
This is one of my very favorite sandwich breads that I have ever made.
- 1 cup sour dough starter
- 1 cups cooked barley
- 2 cups drained, chopped frozen spinach
- 2 cups hot water
- 3 tablespoons Xagave
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup corn flour, fresh ground popcorn
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 3 cups whole grain flour
- 3 to 4 cups white flour
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Place all ingredients in WonderMix mixer Bowl starting with all of the whole grain flour and one cup of white, placing the yeast on top of flour.
- Turn on mixer and add more flour until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Knead for 6 minutes.
- Remove from bowl and divide dough into 2 to 3 pieces.
- Roll out in large 1 inch think circles.
- Place on parchment paper and let rise.
- After dough has risen, using fingers make indents all over the surface of dough.
- Brush liberally with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with dried rosemary and kosher salt.
- Bake until golden brown, aprx 20 minutes.