Nothing is better than a pot of fresh cooked beans. Anasazi are really the Sunday bean, good enough for Sunday Dinner.
Author: Chef Brad
- ½ lb. sliced bacon, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, chopped
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes with liquid
- 2 cups dried Anasazi Beans, cooked in pressure cooker in 6 cups of water (3:1 ratio)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Heat a large skillet over high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the bacon and cook until half way crispy.
- Add the onion and jalapeño, and sweat until translucent.
- Add the seasonings, tomatoes and beans to the skillet and cook on a low flame for about 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.