SWEET CORN TAMALE RECIPE Grind 6 cups cooked hominy (or 2 large cans) in Wonder Jr Deluxe Handmill w Masa Auger Mix in WonderMix Kitchen Mixer, with cookie wisks Ground Hominy 1 can Creamed Corn 1/4 cup Coconut Sugar 1 TBL Salt 1 cup Lard …
This also works well with lamb chops.
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup popped amaranth
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Pork tenderloin
- Fresh ground amaranth flour
- Place all ingredients, except for popped amaranth, in food processor and process until texture is a fine powder. Stir in popped amaranth.
- To bread pork, toss or roll pieces in flour, then beaten eggs with buttermilk, and then in the breading. Do not use all of the breading at once, so that if all doesn't get used, not all will be lost. Take out a portion and add to it as needed.
- Pan fry in olive oil until golden brown and cooked through. About 2 minutes per side.
These are great protein bars, filled with wonderful ingredients that taste great and are good for you. Print Amaranth Protein Bars Author: Chef Brad Serves: 3 dozen bars Ingredients 1 cup organic brown sugar 1 cup coconut oil 1 cup Xagave 4 eggs 1 cup organic …
Orange and the holiday season go hand in hand. Orange in bread is amazing.
- 1 ¼ cup scalded milk
- ½ cup Crisco or butter
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup amaranth, uncooked
- 1 Tablespoon dry yeast
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 teaspoons orange rind zest
- 1 ½ cups whole grain flour
- 2 to 2 ½ cups natural white, un-brominated flour
- In a WonderMix mixer add scalded milk, Crisco (or butter), sugar, salt, amaranth and mix to combine.
- Then add remaining ingredients and mix, only add half the flour to start and then add flour until it starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl. Sticky dough = light rolls.
- Knead for six minutes, and then let rest for a few minutes.
- Roll out dough into a large ¼ inch sheet and cut, using a pizza cutter, ½ inch x 6 inch strips.
- Dip strip of dough into melted butter (optional) and tie in a knot.
- Place on a parchment lined sheet tray and let rise for 45 minutes.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Then spoon or brush glaze over them right when they come out of the oven.
- 1 ½ cups powder sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons orange rind
- ⅓ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- Whisk ingredients together until smooth.
- All amounts are changeable, according to desired consistency.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7rcWZs5BCE Nothing like corn bread baked in a cast iron pan. Amazing how much difference there is. You don’t have to use the bacon, butter can work, but in the south, bacon is a must. Print Corn: Old Fashioned Corn Bread Author: Chef Brad Ingredients …
Wonderful easy salad. I love to top a salad with amaranth. It is so lovely and tastes great. Print Amaranth Spinach Salad Author: Chef Brad Ingredients Large bowl of fresh spinach 8 strawberries, sliced 1 cup grapefruit, segmented ½ cup walnuts ½ cup dried pineapple …
Wonderful twist on potato pancakes. Can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- ½ recipe of the Savory Amaranth Pilaf (see recipes)
- To that add:
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups hash browns
- 2 t. Rumfords baking powder
- Whisk all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Heat a non stick skillet with olive oil.
- Pour or spoon in batter to make pancakes.
- Cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve with warm maple syrup.
- 8 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups popped amaranth
- 2 cups chopped pecans or sliced almonds
- ½ cup shelled pumpkin seed (optional)
- 1 cup sunflower seed
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup golden raisins
- In a saucepan, heat:
- 1 cup canola oil, or coconut
- 2 cups Xagave, or honey
- 2 or 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1½ teaspoons imitation maple flavoring
- Pour warm liquid mixture over dry oat mixture and stir until moistened with liquid mixture.
- Spray large pan with vegalene or other nonstick pan spray.
- Pour mixture onto pan, and spread it evenly. Do not overfill.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Stir every 3 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove and cool.
- Store in tight container with lid.
This recipe is Gluten Free