A wonderful Masa Cake Recipe that can be gluten-free if needed. We use masa that has been prepared and ground in the Wonder Junior hand grain mill with the Masa Auger for optimal nutrition and taste, the Wonder Junior mill has many uses. Print Masa …
Tag: Wonder Junior
Gluten free is huge in our culture now, and for me, I cannot understand how everyone thinks its a better option. Most of the gluten free out there is difficult, and far from being a health food. Most of the mixes are filled with garbage and refined sugars. The process according to the world for creating gluten free at home is hard and costly when you start buying all the ingredients needed and use their recipes.
Gluten free can be healthy and cost effective and most important easy. Over the years I have discovered why they do the things they do and the biggest reason is they depend on one flour or two and the ones they use are white, totally stripped of nutrition and fiber. I have discovered that anyone can create great gluten free at home that can taste wonderful and at the same time be good for you.
The trick is a blend of three or more gluten free whole grains blended together and grounded into flours to create a base flour for your cooking. When baking, you need flours that can hold up and some of them just don’t have what it takes to stand alone. So I blend them and I have experienced great success in the process. There is a long list of gluten free grains and I have tried many and love all of them.
My favorite whole grain gluten free blend is equal parts of amaranth, brown rice, and sorghum. I blend them together whole and grind them on my finest setting in my Wondermill.
Here is the recipe
- 1 cup whole grain amaranth
- 1 cup whole grain brown rice
- 1 cup whole grain sorghum
- Mix the grains together and grind on finest setting in your WonderMill grain mill. Store in airtight container until ready to use. Use as your flour in recipes.
WonderFlour works in almost any yeast free recipe cup for cup. So you can bake your favorite pastry, brownie, cookies, cake, pancake, waffle, etc and have great success. You can change up the grains to discover what you like best.
List of Gluten Free Grains
Blending really works, remember a blend of three or more is the secret to success in gluten free baking. Another advantage is when you blend you are adding more nutrition from the different minerals and vitamins each grain has and most important your getting your fiber.
Gluten free can be easy and healthy.
Chef Brad~America’s Grain Guy.
Freekah is a wonderful grain that is new to the states. it is nutty and packed with nutrition. I love hot cereal for breakfast and this one is so satisfying. I love it. Print Freekah Hot Breakfast Cereal Author: Chef Brad Serves: 6 servings Ingredients 1 …
One of my favorite breakfast cereals. I use the Wondermill Jr hand grinder to crack my kamut. Print Cracked Hot Kamut Cereal Author: Chef Brad Ingredients 1 cup cracked kamut 4 cups of water Coconut oil Slivered almonds Dried fruit such as blueberries, cranberries, cherries, …
I love this salad. The cooked cracked corn is so different and unexpected that it makes the salad
- 3 cups cracked corn, cooked Crack pop corn by placing in hand grinder or powerful blender to crack.
- 4 avocados, cubed
- 1 clove elephant garlic, small diced and lightly sautéed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, yellow and red, halved
- 12 oz jar roasted red peppers, about 2 peppers, chopped
- ½ of a large fresh red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup fresh parsely, chopped
- 2 (6oz) containers crumbled goat cheese
- Stuffed cherry peppers for garnish
- ⅓ cup Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
- ⅓ cup flax oil
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Crack corn using a hand grinder. Cook using a 2:1 ratio (two cups water, to one cup corn), and chill.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all of the salad ingredients but goat cheese and toss with the dressing. Place in a serving bowl and top with crumbled goat cheese and stuffed cherry peppers for garnish.
Hot cereal so good it feels like you are eating dessert for breakfast! What a wonderful way to start the day. Print Multi-Grain Hot Cereal Author: Chef Brad Ingredients Equal parts each of the following grains: KAMUT, popcorn, pearled barley, brown rice. Water Salt Coconut …