This recipe is a family favorite at my home. So easy and so tasty. This must be done in an electic pressure cooker. Just the way it will cook prevents it from burning. The electric pressure cooker is amazing for this one pot pressure cooker …
Millet is perfect food for everyone and for breakfast you can’t beat it. Tasty and packed with protein. It stays with you and all day long you will be dreaming about the breakfast you had. Print Millet Hot Breakfast Delight Author: Chef Brad Ingredients 1 …
Millet and beans go so well together, This salad is so wonderful.
- 2 cups Millet, cooked, chilled
- 3 cups black beans, cooked, chilled
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 pints red and yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ of a red onion
- ½ of a large red bell pepper
- ½ of a large orange bell pepper
- 4 cobs of fresh corn, roasted and corn kernels cut off the cob, to roast corn place under the broiler
- Or place in 400 degree oven until corn browns.
- 1 zucchini, small diced
- 2 to three tablespoons Roasted paprika I love Penzeys
- ¼ cup Flax oil
- ⅓ cup White balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients and toss with the dressing.
Millet cooks just like white rice. In the pressure cooker 6 minutes.
The best side dish salad ever, I used it in place of potato chips in my Café.
- 1 cup black quinoa
- 1 cup millet
- 1 cup white rice
- 6 cups water
- 5 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cucumber, seeded, or 1 zucchini
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- ¼ cup flax oil
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring water to boil then add grains.
- Bring to boil again.
- Lower heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool, overnight if possible.
- Add the garlic, onion, cucumber, tomatoes, and black beans.
- Toss with dressing.
- For better flavor, mix all ingredients, including dressing, while grains are still warm and refrigerate overnight.
I like to make these one day and cook them on the griddle and then the next day fry the leftovers. It takes them to a whole new level. Print Buckwheat Buttermilk Banana Pan Fried Pancakes Author: Chef Brad Ingredients 5 eggs 2 cups buttermilk …
Brown rice is so dreamy for breakfast. Print Brown Rice Sweet Breakfast Cereal Author: Chef Brad Ingredients 2 cups sweet brown rice 3 ½ cups of water Pinch of salt 2 heaping spoonfuls of coconut oil ¼ cup Xagave Instructions In an electric pressure cooker …
Nothing like baked beans to make the house smell great, perfect served with barbecue meats.
- 2 cups dry cranberry beans
- 5 cups of water
- 1 lb. bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup pineapple pieces
- 3 cups catsup
- ½ cup molasses
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Tabasco
- 1 Tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 Tablespoon dry curry powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Place beans and water in pressure cooker and pressure at 2nd ring for 45 minutes.
- In a large pot, add the chopped bacon and cook until just crisp. Add in the onion and sauté until tender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and beans with a little of their liquid into the pot and bake for 3 ½ hours at 350 degrees.
Wonderful easy salad. I love to top a salad with amaranth. It is so lovely and tastes great. Print Amaranth Spinach Salad Author: Chef Brad Ingredients Large bowl of fresh spinach 8 strawberries, sliced 1 cup grapefruit, segmented ½ cup walnuts ½ cup dried pineapple …
- 3 cups red quinoa cooked and chilled
- 1 roasted chicken deboned and chopped
- 2 cups red and green grapes cut in half
- 1 bundle scallion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped finely
- 1 cup mango cubed
- ¼ cup fresh herbs basil and thyme are good
- 2 cups greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon style mustard
- ½ teaspoon fresh cardamom
- ¼ cup Xagave
- 1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Place salad ingredients in large bowl and toss well.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together and then combine with all other ingredients in large bowl.
- Toss well, serve on a bed of butter lettuce or in a cantaloupe bowl, or on a crescent roll
This is a colorful wonderfully satisfying salad. So much texture and flavor. Print Confetti Pasta Salad Author: Chef Brad Ingredients For the Salad: 1 lb. box of Orso, cooked drained and chilled, toss with oil after cooking 1 lb. box of large couscous, cooked drained, …
Simple yet oh so great. The white quinoa really adds to the flavor and nutrition. Print White Quinoa Cabbage Soup Author: Chef Brad Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 6 mins Total time: 11 mins Serves: 8 Ingredients 3 cups finely shredded cabbabe 1 large yellow …
Chili really is a comfort food. This one is packed with nutrition and flavor. Three beans and a dried sprouting bean mix with some added grain makes this a great satisfying meal.
- 1 cup uncooked black beans
- 1 cup uncooked small red beans
- 1 cup uncooked pinto beans
- 9 cups of water
- 1/ 2 cup Penzey's chili 9000 spice blend
- 3 lbs. lean ground beef
- ½ cup black or red quinoa
- 1 large can green chili enchilada sauce
- 2 small cans chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons Penzey's roasted onion powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked sprouted three bean mix, (available at Costco)
- 2 cups of water
- In pressure cooker place cleaned beans and 9 cups of water.
- Pressure for 35 to 40 minutes or until desired tenderness.
- Set aside.
- In large sauce pan place beef and quinoa, cook until beef is done and than add chili 9000, sauce, green chilies, onion power, and salt.
- Stir and simmer adding beans that have been cooked in the pressure cooker and sprouted beans that have been cooked according to instructions on package.