Do you like to set a table full of breads, cookies and treats for the Holidays? Chef Brad shares how you can make a delicious banana bread that is also healthy. The Best Holiday Banana Bread Recipe: 6 ripe bananas, mashed 3/4 cup butter, or …
Author: Chef Brad
Sipping Chocolate is a wonderful way to enjoy chocolate. It is not a gulping kinda thing, it is meant to be sipped and enjoyed.
- 1 quart Almond milk or milk
- ¼ cup amaranth flour (milled in the WonderMill)
- ½ cup coconut sugar (Better Body brand)
- 6 ounces dark chocolate or bitter sweet chocolate finely chopped
- In a bowl, whisk together amaranth flour and sugar.
- In a small sauce pan add milk. Whisk the amaranth flour and sugar into cold milk.
- Bring up heat whisking constantly until thick and hot.
- Add chocolate and whisk until it is smooth.
- Pour into cups and enjoy with a fresh baked cookie.
The perfect gluten-free gravy made from fresh ground whole grains. Print Gluten-Free Whole Grain Gravy Author: Chef Brad Ingredients 2 TBL Butter 2 TBL Olive Oil ½ cup Gluten-Free WonderFlour Chicken Broth (vegetable or beef) Salt and Pepper Instructions Heat butter and olive oil in …
This Buttermilk Pastry Dough recipe can be use for many things, including pie crust. Print Buttermilk Pastry Dough Author: Chef Brad Ingredients 3 cups fresh ground spelt flour, ground on the pastry setting on your WonderMill 3 tablespoons sugar 1 teaspoon salt 2 cubes or …
I love the chewy texture that the barley gives this bread. It’s chewy without being crunchy and tough. Print Barley Potato Bread Author: Chef Brad Ingredients 3 cups cooked Barley 4 cups hot water 2 cooked peeled and riced potatoes 1 cup sourdough starter ⅓ cup …
When I make meat loaf, I make a big batch. One for eating and two for later. I wrap them and place them in the freezer for future use. Nothing like smoked meat loaf, from sandwiches to stir fry, it’s great. Watch our Facebook Live Video of this recipe…
- 4 lbs ground beef, lean
- 6 cups cooked brown rice (or red cargo rice, found in oriental markets)
- 1 large onion
- 2 bells peppers
- 6 eggs
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon each salt and pepper
- 1 sleeve crackers, crushed
- In WonderMix blender place eggs, onion, bell peppers, garlic, parsley, oil, and vinegar. Pulse until well chopped.
- In mixer bowl place meat, rice, Italian seasoning, crackers, and salt and pepper.
- Pour blender mixture over meat and mix with dough hook until well blended.
- In large disposable pan that is sprayed, form three loaves. Top with tomato sauce or ketchup.
- Smoke in Smoker for 4 hours.
- I always crank up the heat for the last 30 minutes to caramelize the ketchup.
- Let rest before slicing.
My favorite smoker it my Traeger smoker and the WonderMix kitchen mixer makes this an easy job.
Chef Brad’s Sourdough Starter works well for traditional sourdough as well. There is a process called a build that you do to build it’s strength over a few days to use it as your yeast. It is well worth the effort and this starter is powerful.
Mature Sourdough Culture
- Initial Chef Brad’s Sourdough Mix 200 gm.
- Organic Rye Flour 90 gm.
- Natural White Flour 90 gm.
- Water 90 degrees f. 225 gm.
Mix well and cover, leave in a warm place for 24 hours. In a warm area.
Day two, three, four, and five.
- *“Chef” 200 gm.
- Natural White Flour 180 gm.
- Water 225 gm.
*The “Chef” is what you make on the first day. On day two, three, four, and five you will take 200 grams of it and add flour and water. Discard the remaining.
This becomes your new starter. Save the original one for future use. The end one becomes your starter. You can use it for a few days, but if you let it set you will need to go through the process again. The process is what activates the natural yeast for baking the doughs. If your bread is not responding just do another feed.
You can add kefir to the starter to give it strength and to use it quicker.
Print Spelt Stuffed Cantaloupe Salad Author: Chef Brad Ingredients 2 cups cooked spelt, chilled 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half 2 avocados, in ¼ inch chunks 1 bunch scallions, chopped 1 large cucumber, peeled and diced 1 cup green grapes, sliced in half 1 …