Masa Cakes (Pantry Members)
A wonderful Masa Cake Recipe that can be gluten-free if needed.
We use masa that has been prepared and ground in the Wonder Junior hand grain mill with the Masa Auger for optimal nutrition and taste, the Wonder Junior mill has many uses.
- 3 cups prepared Masa
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large beaten eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Vegetable oil or lard for pan frying
- ¼ cup flour, your choice (gluten-free works fine)
- After grinding your prepared corm in the Wonder Junior hand mill (with Masa Auger) Place masa in your WonderMix mixer with cookie whips. Add all ingredients and mix well.
- You don't want a wet soggy mixture. If it is to soggy and a small; amount of flour. If to dry a small amount of water.
- Mix well and form into small balls.
- Flatten and place in hot oil and pan fry turning over until golden brown.
- Green chile enchilada sauce
- 3 ounces grated, mild Cheddar cheese mixed with 3 ounce grated Monterrey jack cheese
- ½ cup scallions, minced
- ½ cup olives, minced or sliced
- Lettuce, shredded
- 1 ripe tomato, chopped
- Place masa cakes on plate and top.