Bread baking is one of my favorite pastimes. I love the feeling of accomplishment I get when I enter the kitchen and bake bread. Recently I was in Chicago teaching at a Chef Brad Event and created this new recipe. I adore the texture and flavor of the red rice and chia. It makes the perfect toast and the texture is perfect. With my WonderMix I can create the best breads ever in moments. From start to finish I can have perfect breads in just over one hour.
- 5 cups hot water
- ⅔ cups oil
- ⅔ cups agave
- 2 cups cooked *red rice
- ½ cup chia seed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoons yeast, Saf Instant
- 4 cups fresh ground spelt flour
- 10 plus cups clean white flour (Wheat Montana's Natural White or King Arthurs All Purpose)
- In your WonderMix place oil, water, agave, rice, chia ,salt, and spelt flour in bowl. Place yeast on top of flour and turn on mixer.
- Add white flour until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Knead for 6 minutes.
- Remove from bowl and divide into loaves. Place in pans and let rise until double.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven at 350 degrees until bread is done.
Bread making should be fun and enjoyable. If you are stressing in the kitchen making bread you are doing something wrong. Perhaps it is your machine. Perhaps it is the quality of ingredients you are using. Perhaps you are just fearful of failure. I have proven time and time again over the years that anyone, anyone, can make bread with the proper machine and quality ingredients.
I love the WonderMix, easy to use and full of power. I love good quality flours that are chemical free and clean and I love good ingredients. Actually I love making bread. If you have questions about bread or machines please contact me and I promise to get back to you.
Enjoy the journey,
Chef Brad~America’s Grain Guy and Master Bread Maker