I love the chewy texture that the barley gives this bread. It’s chewy without being crunchy and tough.
Barley Potato Bread
Author: Chef Brad
- 3 cups cooked Barley
- 4 cups hot water
- 2 cooked peeled and riced potatoes
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- ⅓ cup oil
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoon yeast
- 6 cups fresh ground white wheat flour
- 6 to 8 cups high gluten white flour
- Place water and potatoes in blender and blend until smooth.
- Place in WonderMIx bowl and add barley, sourdough starter, oil, honey, and salt.
- Place fresh ground white wheat flour on top and place yeast on top of that.
- Turn on WonderMIx and add white flour until dough cleans sides of the bowl.
- Knead for 6 minutes and remove from bowl and form into loaves.
- Let rise until double and bake in a 400 degree preheated oven at 325 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 180 degrees.