This is traditionally done in a cast iron pan and baked in the oven for at least one hour. In the pressure cooker it does all that the oven does in minutes.
Seven-Minute Spanish Tortilla (Pantry Members)
Author: Chef Brad
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 6 to 8 medium potatoes, sliced thin
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 8 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Place part of the olive in in the Fagor Lux pressure cooker that is set for 7 minutes on high pressure.
- Add sliced onions and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add potatoes and remaining olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Stir well and quinoa and eggs.
- Stir quickly and place lid on pressure cooker.
- Let cook on of 7 minutes and let pressure release naturally.
- Remove insert from pan and place platter on top.
- Holding it firmly flip it over and if desired garnish with fresh chopped parsley and parmesan cheese.
Use the Slicer Shredder attachment for the WonderMix Mixer to quickly slice the potatoes very thin.