These rolls are light, flavorful and just perfect for the holiday meal.
Rosemary Black Pepper Pull-Apart Butter Rolls
Author: Chef Brad
- 2½ cups warm milk
- 1 cooked potato, peeled and mashed
- 4 eggs
- 6 Tablespoons butter plus 3 Tablespoons for dipping dough into
- 6 Tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh rosemary plus 2 teaspoons to sprinkle on rolls after baking
- ½ Tablespoon fresh cracked pepper corn
- 2 Tablespoons instant yeast
- 5+ cups natural white flour
- 1 cup cooked pearled barley
- In WonderMix mixer, place warm milk, potato, whipped eggs, butter, honey, salt, rosemary, pepper, pearled barley, and 3 cups flour.
- Place yeast on top of flour and start mixer.
- Add flour until dough cleans sides of the bowl.
- Knead 6 minutes. Dough will be sticky.
- Dump out on oiled counter, fold together and let rise for 10 minutes covered.
- Divide into rolls and dip in butter and place on the jelly roll pan packed close together.
- Sprinkle with rosemary and brush with butter and let rise to double.
- Bake in a hot 350 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes.