Brown Rice Stir Fry
Forget about the white rice. Once you eat brown rice it is hard to go back.
Whole grains make for a wonderful stir fry. The secret is to pressure the grains and let the brown rice chill over night. And of course the sesame oil really adds the flavor.
- 6 cups cooked chilled Brown Rice, cooked in a pressure cooker
- 2 cups cooked red quinoa (optional)
- ½ onion chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 cup scrambled cooked fried egg, cut into strips
- 2 chopped red peppers
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- Olive oil
- Sesame oil
- Rice Vinegar
- Soy Sauce
- In a large hot wok, sauté onion and garlic is small amount of olive oil.
- Add carrot and sauté for minutes, add red peppers and sauté for 1 minute,
- Add remaining vegetables adding Sesame oil to sauté.
- Splash with Rice Vinegar and than add brown rice and red quinoa.
- Splash with Soy Sauce and add egg.
- Toss well and cover.