Farro takes Risotto to a whole new level. Chewy, tasty, and oooh so good for you.
Author: Chef Brad
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups soaked farro, couple of hours in great
- ¼ cup sherry vinegar
- 6 cups chicken stock, heated
- 6 cups baby Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 T. butter
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley, chopped for garnish
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until tender. Add soaked farro and stir until golden. Add the vinegar and cook a minute more. Have the chicken stock be warming in a pot on the stove next to you where you are working.
- Start adding warm stock about ½ cup at a time, and cook until evaporated, continuing to add more stock until farro is cooked and tender. Half way through the stock, add in the mushrooms to the farro. Once farro is done, add the cheese, cream, butter, salt and pepper. Stir and serve warm garnished with freshly chopped parsley.