Christmas Sticky Toffee Pudding
My favorite holiday dessert, it is perfect in every way.
- 2 oz. butter
- 6 oz sugar
- 6 oz spelt flour
- 6 oz dates, chopped
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 level teaspoon baking soda
- Boil dates, ½ pint water and baking soda until mushy.
- Watch carefully in case it boils over.
- Cream the sugar and butter together in WonderMix mixer.
- Beat in eggs and a little of the flour.
- Fold in the rest of the flour, vanilla, and the date mixture.
- Put in a large rectangular dish, approximately 11x7 and bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let cool slightly and the cut into portions.
- Top with sauce.
7 oz brown sugar (Muscavado)
6 fl oz heavy cream
4 oz butter
Heat all together until thick, but not ever boiling.
Separate the portions slightly so that you can pour the sauce between them. Also, pour sauce over the top when serving and warm them again. These can be frozen in portions.