Barley makes the most wonderful salads. I love the chewy texture and buttery flavor. This salad is one of my very favorites. Remember to not add the lettuce until ready to serve.
Sweet Apple and Cheese Barley Salad
Author: Chef Brad
- For the Salad:
- 2 apples, diced with seeds and core
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup apricot cheese, cubed OR any speciality cheese
- 2 to 3 cups Barley, cooked (pressure for 20 minutes)
- 1 pint raspberries
- ¾ cup walnuts, pieces
- 1 head of leaf lettuce
- Sweet Red Wine Vinegar Dressing:
- 2 T. red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 t. salt
- 2 T. sugar
- 1 t. Dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup xagave syrup
- Wash and dice the apples in a small dice.
- Combine them in a bowl with the raisins, cheese, and barley.
- Stir in the dressing.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on a platter or in the serving dish.
- Pour salad in the center.
- Top with the raspberries and walnut pieces.