Quinoa Super Cookies
Some one gave me a recipe for super cookies, it came from BYU magazine, I changed it to make it better and more nutritious. Quinoa is a super grain from South America. It is packed with protein and fiber. In fact it is a perfect protein grain, containing eight essential amino acids.
- 1 cup quinoa flour, I adore red quinoa, but white or red works well. Red has a nuttier flavor.
- 1¼ cup fresh ground spelt flour
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon, Rumfords baking powder
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Whip together eggs, oil, syrup, and vanilla.
- Add the flours, salt, and baking powder.
- Mix well and drop on a parchment covered cookie sheet and bake for about 8 minutes in a 350 degree oven.