Pesto sauce is a wonderful sauce that not only is great for pizza, but wonderful for pasta, salads, and sauces. Don’t be afraid to change out the basil with other herbs.
Author: Chef Brad
- 2 cups basil, loosely packed
- 1 cup parmigiano reggiano cheese
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 cup pistachio nuts
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ - ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 t. salt
- pepper to taste
- ½ cup uncooked whole grain Teff
- Start by placing pistachio nuts in a dry pan over medium heat to toast. It will only take a minute or two. When you smell them, you'll know they're done.
- In your food processor add the basil, cheese, nuts, garlic, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Turn on the processor and stream in the oil until it becomes the consistency you'd like it to be.
- Place pesto in a bowl and stir in the teff.