Amaranth Oatmeal Cookies, Grannies
Author: Chef Brad
- 1¼ cups Xagave
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups cooked raisins
- 1 cup raisin juice water
- 3 eggs
- 3½ cups Wonderflour
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup popped amaranth
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cream Xagave and butter together.
- Cook raisins in 3 cups of water bringing water to boil and let set for 5 minutes.
- Drain, saving 1 cup of water to add to dough. It should be a light moist cookie batter.
- Add remaining ingredients to creamed ingredients, raisins, raisin juice, eggs, flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt and mix well.
- Drop onto parchment paper with an ice cream scoop and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- These cookies are a cakey style cookie.