Whole Wheat Bread Recipe Six (2 pound loafs )
This recipe maxes out the WonderMix mixer, but it works great. I bake for large groups at work and 6 loaves feeds them very well. Nothing like sandwiches made on homemade bread.
Whole Wheat Bread Recipe (6 two pound loaves)
Author: Chef Brad
Serves: 6-2 lbs. loaves
- 8 cups hot water
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 12 cups fresh ground hard white wheat flour
- 6 tablespoon yeast
- ¼ cup dough enhancer
- Unbrominated White Flour
- Place water, butter, sugar, dough enhancer, salt, and fresh ground flour in WonderMix bowl.
- Place yeast on top and turn on mixer.
- Add unbrominated flour until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Mix for 6 minutes.
- Remove from bowl and divide into 6 two lb. loaves. (I use a kitchen scale for this).
- Place in oiled bread pans and let rise to double.
- Place in a 400 degree preheated oven and than drop temperature to 335 degrees right away.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until done. (I use a instant read thermometer for this. 180 degrees and the bread is done.)
- Remove from oven and remove from pan and let cool before placing in bread bags.