This is a tender and wonderful biscuit. The combination of sweet potatoes, cream and spelt lend to a tender, moist and delicious biscuit!
Sweet Potato Spelt Biscuit
Author: Chef Brad
Serves: 24 small scone size
- 2 cups cooked mashed or riced sweet potatoes.
- 12 tablespoons chilled butter
- 4 cups spelt flour, shifted or three or more gluten free grains ground on the pastry setting on your WonderMill
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup heavy cream or buttermilk
- In WonderMix Mixer with bowl using whips, add dry ingredients and mix.
- Cut in butter until the size of peas.
- Change to dough hook and add potatoes and cream.
- Mix until lightly mixed.
- Take out and place on floured board.
- Roll out dough and cut biscuits.
- Place close together on cookie sheet.
- Bake in a hot 400 degree oven until browned, about 10 to 12 minutes.
You can also substitute in WonderFlour for the Spelt Flour.
This is great with Chef Brads Cranberry Butter or Cranberry Sauce.