This is a wonderful flavored bread. The cardamon is so fragrant and wonderful. Perfect for the holiday season.
Author: Chef Brad
- ½ cups hot water
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon cardamon
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 1 cup fresh ground whole wheat
- 2 to 3 cups white flour, King Arthurs bread flour
- Place all ingredients in WonderMix mixer using only half the white flour, placing the yeast on top of the flour.
- Turn on mixer and add more flour as needed until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Knead for 6 minutes.
- Remove from bowl and form into free standing loaf.
- Let rise double. Slice cuts into the top of the bread.
- Bake in the steam oven using steam and convection 30 minutes at 345 degrees or on a pizza stone in a 375 degree oven for the same amount of time or until the internal temp. reaches 180 degrees.