Author: Chef Brad
Serves: about 20 cups
- 8 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups popped amaranth
- 2 cups chopped pecans or sliced almonds
- ½ cup shelled pumpkin seed (optional)
- 1 cup sunflower seed
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup golden raisins
- In a saucepan, heat:
- 1 cup canola oil, or coconut
- 2 cups Xagave, or honey
- 2 or 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1½ teaspoons imitation maple flavoring
- Pour warm liquid mixture over dry oat mixture and stir until moistened with liquid mixture.
- Spray large pan with vegalene or other nonstick pan spray.
- Pour mixture onto pan, and spread it evenly. Do not overfill.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Stir every 3 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove and cool.
- Store in tight container with lid.
This recipe is Gluten Free