Whole grain breads are so amazing and this recipe is great! If it is too grainy, soak the grains in hot water first.
10 Grain Whole Wheat Bread
Author: Chef Brad
- 2 cups 10 grain cereal (can be six, eight, etc.)
- 3 cups warm water
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup Xagave nectar
- 2 T dough enhancer
- 3 T Saf-instant yeast
- 1 T salt
- 5 cups whole grain flour
- 2 cups unbleached white bread flour
- In mixer with a dough hook, start by adding the cereal, water, oil, xagave, salt, and dough enhancer. Add in half of the amount of flour, which is 3 ½ cups. Add the yeast last on top of everything. Begin mixing and continue to add in the rest of the flour until it pulls away from the sides. When it does, let it knead for 6 more minutes to develop the gluten.
- Place in a bowl rubbed with a little oil, and let it rise/rest for a few minutes.
- Cut the dough into three pieces, and form into loaves. Place in 2lb loaf pans or form free standing loaves and place on cookie sheets. Brush the loaves with an egg wash and sprinkle some oats on top.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Put loaves in oven, and then reduce heat to 325 degrees. Cook for 30 minutes or until the internal temperature of the bread comes to 180 degrees.